Pacific Leadership Fellows Program
The Pacific Leadership Fellows program brings leaders to UC San Diego from around the globe to engage in dialogue, research and instruction with students, alumni, faculty and the San Diego community. Fellows are drawn from remarkable scholars and policy makers who shape strategy in their own countries through government, the private sector and academia, and provide valuable insight into how economic and political systems are evolving.
While in residence, each fellow fulfills a number of responsibilities. Their events and interactions vary based on interest and length of stay, but each will:
- Collaborate with a faculty partner on a project or initiative
- Mentor students informally and in a classroom setting
- Speak at a public program or guest lecture at community events
- Engage with other appropriate UC San Diego departments
- Collaborate with the broader San Diego regional community, and business, government or nonprofit leaders
- Interact with our supporters and local community
Having completed its ninth year, CGT has now hosted 72 fellows from 19 different countries.