Visit the official Vimeo channel of the School to watch public talks and interviews. This site host's Center videos as well as school-wide videos arranged by various topics, countries and regions. Click on the tabs below for public talks listed by region.
Pacific Leadership Fellow Enrico Letta's public talk on "San Diego Global Forum: Europe Between Brexit and the Migration Crisis"
Pacific Leadership Fellow Tassaduq Jillani's public talk on "Maintaining an Independent Judiciary in Face of Political Challenges"
Pacific Leadership Fellow Sir Tadataka Yamada's public talk on "Biomedical Research: Lessons from Global Health"
Pacific Leadership Fellow Edna Jaime's public talk on "Thinking Locally: An Alternative Perspective of Public Security in Mexico"
Pacific Leadership Fellow Eric Gan's public talk on "Asian Internet Companies and the Global IT Industry Dynamics"
Pacific Leadership Fellow Muhamad Chatib Basri's public talk on "Do Bad Times Make Good Economic Policy? Managing Indonesia's Economy in a Globalized World"
Pacific Leadership Fellow Robert Hormats' public talk on “Lifting Iranian Nuclear Sanctions”
Pacific Leadership Fellow Poh Kam Wong's public talk on “Singapore’s Emerging Role as Asia’s Innovation Hub”
Symposium on “Capital in the Twenty-First Century” and the UC San Diego Helen Edison Lecture Series presents Thomas Piketty: Morning Session
Symposium on “Capital in the Twenty-First Century” and the UC San Diego Helen Edison Lecture Series presents Thomas Piketty: Lunch Session
Symposium on “Capital in the Twenty-First Century” and the UC San Diego Helen Edison Lecture Series presents Thomas Piketty: Afternoon Session
Symposium on “Capital in the Twenty-First Century” and the UC San Diego Helen Edison Lecture Series presents Thomas Piketty: Evening Session
Watch recent informal interviews of our Fellows. Learn about their work, research and public policy views.
Pacific Leadership Fellow Jorge Guajardo discusses how is Mexico positioning itself for better economic relations with China and as a one-party state, how is China similar or different from Mexico in its authoritarian days?
Pacific Leadership Fellow James Ding discusses how Internet entrepreneurship is changing China and tension between the government’s actions to limit access to overseas websites.
Pacific Leadership Fellow Jose Dalisay discusses what is the role of a novelist in promoting democratic expression and how do art and politics mix in the Philippines?
In part one, Pacific Leadership Fellow Arturo Sarukhan discusses what should the U.S. and Mexico do to allow NAFTA to finally deliver its full economic benefit to North America.
In part two, he discusses if Mexico’s new economic reforms what the country needs to unlock its potential for economic growth.
In part one, Pacific Leadership Fellow Kan Suzuki discusses what role he thinks Japanese research and industry will play in the field of regenerative medicine.
In part two, he discusses the most important areas of reform that MEXT should address this coming year.
- "The Internet with Chinese Characteristics: How Internet Entrepreneurship is Changing China" by James Ding (2015)
- "China and the Future of Global Manufacturing" by James Fallows (2013)
- "Challenges for the New Chinese Leadership" by Cai Fang (2013)
- "Methodology and Practice in Blueprint Development for Building Up Low Carbon Cities in China" by Ji Zou (2012)
- "The Outcome and Implications of the UN Conference on Climate Change in Durban" by Lu Xuedu (2012)
- "China's Sustainable Development in the Context of Rapid Economic Growth" by Ma Zhong (2011)
- "The Changing Role of Chinese Universities in China's National Innovation System" by Lan Xue (2011)
- "Innovation Policy in China" by Xielin Liu (2010)
- "The Global IT Industry and Entrepreneurship: Where Did We Come From and Where Are We Headed?" by Sachio Semmoto (2015)
- "Creating an Environment for Innovative Research and Industry Growth" by Kan Suzuki (2014)
- "Global Manufacturing and Japan's Energy Challenges" by Hideichi Okada (2014)
- "Asia's New Energy Security Challenges" by Nobuo Tanaka (2013)
- "A Rubric for Comprehensive Tax Reform in Japan" by Shigeki Morinobu (2012)
- "Securing Japan's Future: How the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) Can Meet Economic and Security Challenges" by Taro Kono (2011)
- "Transforming Japanese Governance: Evaluation of the Impact of IRCJ and ETIC" by Yuri Okina (2011)
- "The Chinese Property Bubble: Can Lessons be Learned from Japan's Lost Decade?" by Takatoshi Ito (2010)
- "Interurban Diplomacy Proposal" by Hiroshi Nakada (2010)
- "Corporate Restructuring in the 21st Century" by Kazuhiko Toyama (2010)
- "Japan's Approach to Climate Change" by Masakazu Toyoda (2010)
- "Changing Dynamics in East Asia and Korean Politics" by Hak-kyu Sohn (2014)
- "The Asian Economy in the Global Setting" by Il SaKong (2012)
- "The Future of South Korea and the United States in Times of Uncertainty" by Un-Chan Chung (2011)
- "Perspectives on the Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement" by Sung-Hoon Kim (2010)
- "The Political Economy of Division and Unification in Korea" by Chung-in Moon (2010)
- "China's Incursion into Latin America: Myths and Realities" by Ambassador Jorge Guajardo (2015)
- "Macroeconomic Challenges in Latin America to 2020" by Joaquin Vial (2013)
- "Mexico Between Politics and Organized Crime" by Adela Navarro Bello (2013)
- "Mexico’s Future: Education, Entrepreneurship and Legal Reforms" by Alejandro Poiré (2013)
- "Brazil's New Wave of Telecom Reforms" by João Batista Rezende (2012)
- "Central America After the Great Recession" by Francisco de Paula Gutiérrez (2012)
- "How Can Rio+20 Generate Tangible Results Toward Environmental Sustainability and Human Development?" by Jacques Marcovitch (2012)
- "Realities and Misperceptions on the War on Drugs" by Kevin Casas-Zamora (2010)
- "PEMEX: A National Oil Company" by Alma Rosa Moreno (2010)
- "The Gordian Knots in the Telecommunications and IT Sectors in Mexico" by Alejandro Pisanty (2010)
- "Social Mobility in Mexico" by Miguel Székely Pardo (2010)
- "Organized Crime, Militarization, and Human Rights" by Sigrid Arzt (2009)
- "Democracy and Cultural Expression: Confronting Modernization in the Philippines" by Jose Dalisay (2015)
- "Indonesia, ASEAN and Geopolitical Changes in East Asia" by Rizal Sukma (2012)
- "10 Years of the Media in Vietnam (2000 - 2010) and its Role in Reforming Vietnam" by Nguyen Anh Tuan (2011)
- "Hard-Earned Lessons from Ten Years of Statebuilding and Peacebuilding" by Emilia Pires (2010)
- "Lifting Iranian Nuclear Sanctions" by Robert Hormats (2016)
- "Creating New Connected Economies" by Chris Locke (2014)
- "U.S. Foreign Assistance for the Arab Spring" by Mark Ward (2013)
- "How the European Union is Striving to Face the Financial Crisis" by Noelle Lenoir (2012)
- "Reflections on Forging the U.S. Trade Agenda" by Peter F. Cowhey (2010)