CGT fosters academic inquiry by collaborating with faculty at the School and other departments across UC San Diego. Every year, the Center supports grants to fund innovative research by professors and those working with master’s degree and doctoral candidates.
In addition to the following grants, CGT in partnership with the Policy Design and Evaluation Lab is supporting six Ph.D. student research projects in the 2016–17 school year, selected from a pool of 11 proposals and across two academic units.
The following grants were awarded:
- Detecting the boundaries of urban areas in India: A dataset for pixel-based image classification in Google Earth Engine
- Mining activity and spatio-temporal dynamics of forest cover loss
- Identifying slums with satellite imagery
- Coral bleaching quantification from remote sensing imagery
- Measuring land degradation in the semi-arid tropics
The center welcomes scholars through the research fellowships to interact with faculty and students, access rich resources for research, and participate in the larger UC San Diego community.
The fellowship program was established to assist MIA and BA/MIA students at GPS in conducting high-caliber summer internships related to research on economic growth, equality and market change in the Pacific region.